Saturday, June 4, 2011

Just Leave the Man His Name, Already. Jeez.

I did a whole bunch of things last night.  One of which was to go to Sassafras Jones's house to watch the Phantom of the Opera.

After I got home from watching the Phantom and eating a very large portion of an even larger 1 lb. Sugar Daddy, I decided to see if Criminal Minds was on, so that I could see two of my fictional crushes in one night.

However, when I searched for my beloved Dr. Spencer Reid on the telly, I was sadly disappointed.  There were no episodes of Criminal Minds on.  However, something else was on.  Something that might even be better.

The Crucible.

It had started a lot earlier, so I had missed one of my favorite literary characters, Tituba, and her one awesome line.

Well, fudge.  I was trying to find a video clip of it, but I can't find one anywhere on YouTube, and we all know that if YouTube doesn't have it, then I'm not going to find it because I'm not going to look any farther because that would require work, and work is just not something that I am prone to do out of the blue.

Anyway, if you've seen the Crucible, you will know what I'm talking about when I say "No, Abby, dat be a bad ting!"

And if thou knowest not of what I speak, then I sayest of the "Shun!  May you nevermore darken my...blogway?  I don't know.  It's hard to sound like you're from colonial times when you're on the internet."

I apologize for that last paragraph.  I don't know what came over me.

Anyway, here's Tituba:


I love Tituba.

But, anyway, that's not even the best part.  While Tituba is indeed one of the main reasons that I would ever watch this movie outside of an English class, the other reason is John Proctor's confession scene.

You can just go ahead and skip to around 5:30.  That's where it starts to get good.
(I had a link here, but then I removed it because I just went and made my own dang video.  I hate the internet.)

You have no idea how angry I am that I can't embed that video in here because I can't find it on the insert video thing with the thing on the blog edit-y place.  Bah.

Here's a smaller clip that doesn't really do ol' John Proctor justice, but it will have to suffice:

You know what?  No.  That video that I was going to put there was awful and it definitely did John Proctor less justice than I thought it did.  Hold on for just a minute.  I'm going to make my own dang video.  Granted, it won't have the actual video, but it will have the actual audio, and really, that's all that we want right  now.

Oh, never mind!  I got the video!  I had to use my camera and record it off of YouTube.


It's kind of poor sound quality, but, hey, what are you going to do?

Oh, John Proctor, you need to take a chill pill.

No comments:

Post a Comment