Monday, January 31, 2011

Torty Takes the Capitol

Last weekend, I went to Washington, D.C.  I brought my squishy little turtle, Torty with me.  On the overnight drive there, I had the idea to do a photographic journal-type-thing of my trip.  This probably wasn't the best idea, but I stuck with it.  These are the pictures my sleep-deprived insanity produced.


 Torty at the Verizon Center, looking mighty studly, if I do say so myself.  This was where our day started after a twelve-hour bus ride.


This is Torty behind what I think is the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History.

Torty in front of the National Archives

Torty in front of the Smithsonian.  Not sure which one it is.  I think it's the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History, but I don't really know because I was running on 90 minutes of sleep at this point.  Also, some time before this, Sister A called me from one of her classes to ask how things were going (It was a youth group trip and she goes to the Catholic school, so the teacher had her call me so that they would be in on the experience or something.)  I was extremely tired and confused, and her calling me when she should have been in school was not helping things.

This is Torty with the popcorn that I brought from home, which I ate instead of spending absurd amounts of money on food in a stupid cafe thing in the Smithsonian.  I was not spending $10 on barbeque, thankyouverymuch.

Okay, this one's sideways, and I don't even know why I took it, but I was in a cafe with very litte food and even less sleep so don't pick on me.

Torty and a giant freaking elephant.  Granted, all elephants are rather large, but this one was stuffed, so that makes it better than the others.  Look at his face.  He KNOWS he's better than the other elephants.


This is Torty in front of a metal tree.  You can't tell that it's metal, but it totally is.  IT WAS SO SHINY.

**UPDATED**
Okay, so I just realized that I actually missed the shiny tree while I was taking the picture.  This is a picture of Torty, a regular tree and some public art.  You can see the shiny tree through my fingers.

Is this the Senate building?  I can't remember.  It had something to do with Congress.

A blurry Torty, the Capitol building and some strangers.

A better picture of Torty and the Capitol building.

Torty and the Library of Congress, I think.  I don't know Washington, D.C. very well, even though this was my second trip there.

Torty and the Supreme Court building?  Again, not sure.  Don't get mad at me, I barely remeber this weekend.

Torty at that one place with the scary Subway people (They meant business.  They were rushing people throught that line.  Also, I think they conned me out of some of my change, but at that point, I was too exhausted to care.)  I don't remember what it's called, all I remember is wandering around with sore feet, just knowing that I looked insane.

Well, that is my photo journal thing from my trip to Washington, D.C.  I hope you enjoyed it, because I barely remember it.  Curse you, sleep deprivation, curse you.

No comments:

Post a Comment