Monday, November 8, 2010

Humiliation Smells Like Pizza (Alternate Title: Carol of the Buzzers)

As was mentioned in my first post, I am in Quiz Bowl (Pony league Jeopardy!, remember?).  Anyway, at my school, our final practice of the year (yes, we have practice for Quiz Bowl) pits all of the Quiz Bowl members against some of the teachers.  We do this every year, and we almost always lose.  But, Fanny, you ask, how could a group of specially-trained, super-awesome smart people possibly be beaten by a mere handful of teachers?  Well, I'll tell you.  It's not really the group of teachers so much as the one teacher.  The science teacher, Mr. Science.

Mr. Science is one of my favorite teachers, and I'm really sad that I don't have any of his classes this year, but  I wouldn't mind if he missed the Quiz Bowl v. Teachers scrimmage.  Why, you ask?  Again, I shall tell you.  It is because Mr. Science is a beast when it comes to Quiz Bowl.  He knows everything.  Plus, he's fast.  Competing with him is like competing with a lightning bolt of pure intelligence.  You cannot win.

At the end of the match, Mr. Science is always triumphant and the Quiz Bowl team is left humiliated while we stand in shock with our brains dripping our of our noses because it's that bad.

Anyway, after we are shamed into the ground, we get pizza.  Some school organization pays for it.  I can't remember which one it is, but I know that we get pizza, and that the price of pizza is humiliation.  Does that sound like a fair trade to you?

Yes, yes it does.

Pizza rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment