Thursday, November 18, 2010

Not a Good Way to Start the Day

I usually start my day by being gently nudged into consciousness by some lovely classical music (Rachmaninov, of course.)

Today was not a usual day.

My alarm went off at its usual time, and I turned it down so I could sleep longer, like I usually do.  This is where the usual-ness ends.  I was torn from sleep at 6:30 this morning by a combination of my cat incessantly whining at my door and Adam Lambert screaming at my from my sisters' bedroom ("IF I HAD YOU, THAT WOULD BE THE ONLY THING I'D EVER NEED!" Sorry, Adam Lambert, I'm just not that in to you.  Plus, I'm sleepy.)

I do not usually get up at 6:30 A.M.  This is not good for me.  I spent the next half hour trying to get back to sleep, but I only succeeded in giving myself some bizarre waking dreams.  I also think that the scary Voldemort toy salesmen who held me captive in his basement in my dream yesterday was in my dream last night, which only makes things worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment