Tuesday, December 28, 2010

This is How I Convince my Friends to Do Things

An actual conversation that I had with Sassafras Jones via email:

From: Sassafras Jones <(*CONFIDENTIAL*)>
Subject: Mass on Sunday
To: "The Amazing Miss Fantastic" amazingmissfantastic@gmail.com
Date: Friday, December 24, 2010, 4:38 PM

I rewrote the lyrics to "How Beautiful" to fit the theme of the Holy Family since I realized we didn't have any songs specifically related to the feast of the Holy Family.  It's posted on noteflight under "How Beautiful (Holy Family.)"  Tell me if you like it, or if you think I should change some lyrics.  I'm not quite finished, there's still another verse, but tell me if you like it so far.  We would probably do it instead of Christmas Lullaby, or as a communion meditation.

Let me know!

Thanks!

-Sassafras Jones
____________________________________________

On Saturday, December 25, 2010, at 9:06 PM, The Amazing Miss Fantastic < amazingmissfantastic@gmail.com > wrote:

Wow, this is late.  I like the lyrics.  I say we do it as a communion meditation because it would be freaking sweet.  All the people going to receive Jesus and we're just up there being epic and praisin' God with our mad music skills.  Totes.  Yeah...so that's what I had to say.

~The Amazing Miss Fantastic~
____________________________________________

On Monday, 12/27/10, Sassafras Jones <(*CONFIDENTIAL*)> wrote:   
From: Sassafras Jones <(*CONFIDENTIAL*)>
Subject: Re: Mass on Sunday
To: The Amazing Miss Fantastic < amazingmissfantastic@gmail.com >
Date: Monday, December 27, 2010, 12:09 PM
               
Sorry...I didn't get this until today, and I was grumpy at mass yesterday...sorry about that. :(

So I guess I'll talk to (*Super-cool music director*) about next week, I am utterly confused.  If she put us on for a morning mass, I think I'm out.  If it's a 4:30 mass, we'll do that song, and praise God with our mad music skills.  Totes my goats. :)

AND! If it is a 4:30 mass next week, I will be freaking PREPARED this time. No more long-right-before-mass preludes. And my music will be out, not caught in other songs. AND THEN- we will be awesome. And Fr. Priest will learn how to sing fast, and I will be happy. (Just kidding, I don't see that happening any time soon) :)

But anyhoo...we should have music practice this week-when are you free?
 ___________________________________________

On Monday, December 27, 2010 at 12:35 PM, The Amazing Miss Fantastic < amazingmissfantastic@gmail.com > wrote:
    
I'm free all week, pretty much.  But we still have to do the mass, even if it is a morning mass because we are going to praise the Lord Jesus with song in thanksgiving for all of the wonderful gifts He has given us.  So there, now you have to.  FOR JESUS.  So, yeah.

~The Amazing Miss Fantastic~ ___________________________________________

 From: Sassafras Jones <(*CONFIDENTIAL*)>
Subject: Re: Mass on Sunday
To: The Amazing Miss Fantastic < amazingmissfantastic@gmail.com >
Date: Monday, December 27, 2010, 3:25 PM
          
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I don't want tooooooooooooooooooooo...I'll be so tired.  You can sing when you're tired, but me playing the piano is catastrophic.  You know I like playing for mass, but I don't think that one is happening.  (*Super-cool music director*)'s response made no sense at all, so I emailed her back...I'll let you know
___________________________________________
                                     
On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 5:57 PM, The Amazing Miss Fantastic
 < amazingmissfantastic@gmail.com >  wrote:

For your information, missy, I cannot sing when I am tired. My throat is all clogged with phlegm and nastiness, so I always get up at least two hours early for any mass I have to sing at.  FOR JESUS.  Remember: "Oh, I died for you and he kicked a ball into a net..." only instead of kicking a ball into a net, we are supposed to glorify Jesus, so it'd be more like "Oh, I died for you and you can't get up a little early..." so it's sort of worse.

~The Amazing Miss Fantastic~
 __________________________________________

 From: Sassafras Jones <(*CONFIDENTIAL*)>
Subject: Re: Mass on Sunday
To: The Amazing Miss Fantastic < amazingmissfantastic@gmail.com >
Date: Monday, December 27, 2010, 7:51 PM

FINE!!! Point taken. Gosh. :) But it's okay anyway! (*Super-cool music director*) said
we can do the 4:30 mass, I asked her if she wanted to sing or play with us and she'll let us know (Since she had to give up the mass) I was on the verge of giving in for the early mass though. You are way too persuasive.
__________________________________________

If she hadn't given in or found a solution, I would have either resorted to more guilt trips, or confronted her with the fact that she was not living up to her Winner status.

**Also:  When it says "Remember: 'Oh, I died for you and he kicked a ball into a net...'" I'm referencing a youth conference that we both went to this past summer.  Ah, memories.
                                                            


      

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for that wonderful reminder of the horrors of staying up too late and being forced to do things I'd rather not. :) I love you.

    ReplyDelete