Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Snowpacalypse 2011, Part Deux

So, a couple of weeks ago, we got massive amounts of snow here in my humble little town (okay, not really massive amounts, but it was enough to cancel school for two days, so I'm not complaining.)  That was Snowpocalypse 2011, Part One, which spawned this conversation between my sister and me.  Well, anyway, that snow stuck around for a while, but then it melted because things were getting a little warmer 'round these parts, and I guess the snow couldn't take the heat.

So, all the snow melted, and it was starting to feel a little like spring.  Hoorah, it's spring come early, right?  No.  Not at all.  You see, even though it felt like spring, and there were even some bugs wandering around trying to verify this notion, it was not really spring at all...it was nature trying to lure us all into a false sense of security. 

So, nature lets it get all nice and sunny and above freezing temperatures, then I go and take a nap and wake up four hours later and BAM: a full-on blanket of snow as far as the eye can see.  It was at around four inches when I got up from my nap, and it just kept coming.  It snowed all through the night, and even a little into the morning.

It snowed so hard that we got another snow day after our already long (4-day) weekend.  Which is awesome, because that means that I didn't have to do my pre-calc homework yesterday. 

But, yeah, pretty much anything fun that was supposed to be going on in the past few days (at least, in my case) has been cancelled due to the weather, so I am forced to have Disney Movie Marathons in my house with my sisters and our pathetic Disney collection (seriously, we don't even have Mulan.  What Disney fan doesn't have Mulan?)

So, basically, I'm trapped in my house with nothing to do except watch movies, do my homework, and waste time on the computer for at least the next twelve hours, so I might get another post up today.  Maybe.

2 comments: