Tuesday, April 12, 2011

This is What I Do in My Spare Time

Today, I had jazz band practice, so I went to my jazz band practice, where we did jazzy things.

That is not the fun part.

The fun part came when we were leaving jazz band, and the King/Archbishop of Marching Band was giving me a ride home because I don't have a car.   The Drummer Boy had left just before us.

So, we were leaving, and the King/Archbishop of Marching Band was driving when, all of a sudden, this happens.

The King/Archbishop of Marching Band: Wait a minute.  The Drummer Boy doesn't live that way.  I wonder where he's going.

*Pause*

The King/Archbishop of Marching Band: I kind of want to follow him now.
Me:  Go for it, I have nothing better to do.

And so we began to follow the Drummer Boy.  

We went all the way across town, and then we lost him when he appeared to be heading back to the High School (jazz band practice is held in the elementary school.  Don't ask why, it just is.)  So we were looking around for him, when all of a sudden, he turned off of the one main road in our little town and started driving toward us.

Me:  Crap!  He sees us!
The King/Archbishop of Marching Band:  Our cover is blown!  We'll have to shake him!

We pull up to the nearest intersection.

The King/Archbishop of Marching Band:  Which way do we go?
Me:  Right!
The King/Archbishop of Marching Band:  Okay!

So we turned right at that intersection, then the Drummer Boy came to the intersection, but he went straight ahead, so we turned left so we could drive parallel to him.

The King/Archbishop of Marching Band:  He's probably going to his grandma's (The Drummer Boy turns a corner)  Wait, his grandma doesn't live that way?  Where is he going?

So we continued to watch him, and, it turns out, he was going to get gas.  We both still wanted to see where he was going after he got gas, but the King/Archbishop of Marching Band wanted to get home so his mom wouldn't wonder where he was.

That was seriously the most fun I've had all week.

Now, granted, it's only the beginning of the week, but, up to this point, it hasn't exactly been all roses puppy dogs.  

Random Fact of the Day:  I want some mashed potatoes.

I don't know why I told you that.

No comments:

Post a Comment