Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Why, Hello, All

Hello, indeed.

I have nothing much to do, because I finished all of my homework, but I'm still listening to J-Pop radio as a sort of research for a speech I have to give this month.  It was going to be about traditional Japanese music and then modern Japanese music, and how the traditional music influenced the modern music, but right now, I'm feeling like that's not going to work.  I might have to change my approach to this because, it seems to me that modern Japanese music, or at least J-Pop, has been more heavily influenced by Western culture than by it's own musical traditions.

Sigh.  More issues.

But don't think that I'm complaining, because I'm not.  I'm very happy with my topic of choice.  私は 日本のおんがくが だいすきです。  (For those of you who don't read Japanese, or for those of you whose computers show only blank boxes where those characters are, which might be a lot of you, that says "I love Japanese music."  If you do speak Japanese, and I somehow got that wrong, well then you just let me know, because I'd hate to be learning the language wrong.  However, as far as I know, that sentence is grammatically correct.) 

Boy, I'm getting rambly.  I'll leave now, but I might be back.  I have a lot of "researching" to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment